9 Policies of Kejriwal Government you need to know
We are all amazed to see the rise and rise of Arvind Kejriwal. This IITian turned IRS officer turned politician has gained a lot of ground in the national capital in a span of 5-6 years. Majorly formed on the basis of anti-corruption stand, his party Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), after coming to power in 2015 has put forward a lot of interesting policies that are needed to be looked into. Here is the list of 9 most important ones:
- Checking vehicular emission– The most popular odd-even policy is one of the most unique of its kind. The rule of taking out your vehicle with and odd no. on odd date and with even no. on even date. Reports say that this rule has been able to curb the emissions by 30%, which is remarkable in a short span of time.
- Tough stand on corruption– A party whose main agenda is to fight against corruption, did the most expected thing and cracked down heavily on the ones taking bribes and reportedly increasing the credibility of govt. chambers.
- Sensationalism– Perhaps a bit unconventional one, but yes, a sensation speech against the national leaders and blaming others for the fund crunch every once in a while, has always kept this leader under the media radar. As they say, publicity is publicity, no matter good or bad.
- Revamp of the power tariffs– Making the Aam Aadmi of Delhi happy, Kejriwal govt. cut the power bills by half for every Delhiite. Which is nothing sort of a relief for a common man who look for every single saving from their purse.
- Free water to all– Although not very successful in making the water totally free, scrapping the annual hike on water and cracking down on the tanker mafia by making the system more organized, this election mandate is near to be fulfilled.
- The education sector– By trying the regulate the private schools and limiting the exorbitant fees charged by the schools, Kejriwal govt. has given a pleasant surprise to the parents of Delhi who wish to provisde their children a quality and affordable education.
- Taking care of the local business– After the nod on FDI on retail was scrapped, the local retailers took a sigh of relief Kejriwal was once again, hailed as common man’s leader.
- Relief to the farmers– Though it may go unnoticed amid the media sensationalism, it is ti be noted that Kejriwal launched ‘Gajendra Singh kisan sahayta yojana’. The scheme gives relief to the distressed Delhi farmers after a spell of unseasonal rains which damaged the crops.
- Women safety– Post Nirbhaya, the women safety became the most important issue in the national capital and after riding to power. The govt. installed around 15 lakh CCTV cames in the capital, which, for now, has given a reason to cheer to the Delhi families.
Though it may not have been easy to carry forward after the painful split of fellow partymen Prashant Bhushan and Yogendra Yadav. It is commendable how the govt. has picked itself up and delivered well, but, in the dusty lanes of Delhi, there is still a long way to go.
Team Freshticles – Fresh Articles, Refreshing Reads.