6 non-Gandhi leaders who can lead Congress Party
Congress supporters aren’t happy with the way Rahul Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi or the Gandhi family, in general, are not able to run the party well.
Many have raised eyebrows at Rahul for not being a strong leader or focused. It is said his mother and sister are way better leaders than him. Anyway, today’s blog is focused on non-Gandhi candidates who would make better leaders.
- Sachin Pilot would be my first choice because he reformed the party in Rajasthan after it saw its defeat in the LK elections.
- Jyotiraditya Scindia too is a strong leader because his support has always helped the party fall back on a solid foundation. He has a lot of experience, energy and capacities.
- Ashok Gehlot, though very old, has rich political experience and has handled Rajasthan with great poise. He is a former CM of Rajasthan and has brought exponential change there. Because of the experience and understanding he holds, I believe he would also make a great leader for Congress.
- Jitin Prasada is a well-known politician and a former HR minister. Though he isn’t that renowned like the Gandhi family, he is well educated and even won the 15th LK elections in UP (Lakhimpur Kehri).
- Milind Murli Deora, though young, is a great economist and has an understanding of what changes need to be implemented to take India to the next level.
- Mani Shankar too would make a great leader. He has a lot of political experience and is also a former diplomat giving him an added kick of how to merge work, common sense and politics together. He would hands-down make a better leader than Rahul Gandhi any day.
Jyoti is a travel enthusiast who loves writing on different topics and loves exploring new realms. She is currently working with Freshticles as a blogger.